AFP South Sound Chapter Committees
AFP South Sound chapter is fortunate to have many engaged members who make our chapter great! The dedicated members of our chapter committees volunteer their time to assure that we are a success. Committee members have the opportunity to learn, contribute, and shape our chapter. Consider joining a committee that piques your interest by contacting the committee chair below.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Expanding equity and access in fundraising in the South Sound.
- Meeting schedule: please contact the committee chair for details.
- Members: Lee Warneke, University of Puget Sound
- Chair: Sherrana Kildun, Greater Tacoma Community Foundation
Marketing and Communications Committee
The AFP South Sound Marketing and Communications Committee is enthusiastic about the opportunities for learning, networking, and growing that our chapter provides. Through email newsletters, event invites, website updates, and social media, they share information about the many resources available to fundraisers in our region. They help members keep their fingers on the pulse chapter news, while also increasing the visibility and stature of AFP South Sound.
- Meeting schedule: Please contact chair for more details
- Members: Laura Berry, Washington State History Museum; Michelle Paulus, Tacoma Art Museum; Emily Happy, Alchemy Skateboarding and Central Washington University; Lianna Shepherd, Peace Community Center; Mary Brickle, Rebuilding Together South Sound; Elizabeth Hirschl, Elements of Education
- Chair: Kate Albert Ward, Hilltop Artists; Co-chair: Andrea Michelbach, Tahoma Audubon
The goal of the AFP South Sound Membership Committee is to attract, engage and retain members to AFP South Sound. We do this by spreading the word about the impact of our chapter, asking people to participate, and offering opportunities to be involved.
- Meeting schedule: Third Tuesday of the month, 8:00am at Corina Bakery
- Members: Terri Vickery, Frank Tobey Jones; Linda Hickman, PAVE; Jill Voelker, Tacoma Musical Playhouse; Laurel Carlyle, World Vision
- Chair: James Plourde, Collins Group
The AFP South Sound Program Committee seeks to inspire and inform greater professionalism in
fundraising practice by planning a diverse mix of educational programs that appeal to our members and
friends. Our committee seeks CFRE-approved topics and presenters on par with those at national
conferences. We coordinate with the other committees to promote our programs, minimize scheduling conflicts and ensure that AFP South Sound programming and events complement one another and meet ongoing needs for professional knowledge, networking and development. We’re also in charge of Chapter surveys and program
production, which includes recruiting and hosting speakers, scheduling venues and equipment, and
handling registration, catering and evaluations. We’re fond of saying “It takes a village to produce your
programs,” and it’s true!
- Members: Lyman Gifford, Clover Park Technical College; James Greenfield, ACFRE; Laura Edman, The Alford Group; Jan Brazzell, Advancement Consulting; Jennie Griek, Children's Museum of Tacoma
- Chair: Ruth Tollefson, Peace Community Center
Young Professionals Committee
The AFPSS Young Professional committee seeks to provide opportunities for young development professionals in the South Sound region. We aim to grow the young professional membership category; organize events that share ideas and resources; and provide meaningful input to the AFPSS Board. Young Professional events are focused on peer exchanges through collaboration, networking and community resource sharing.
- Meeting Schedule: Please contact chair for more details.
- Members: Emily Fahey, KPLU;Linda Hickman, PAVE; Alicia Hinckley, Pacific Lutheran University; Michelle Paulus, Tacoma Art Museum; Ruth Tollefson, Peace Community Center; Sascha Golden, Tacoma Art Museum; Brien O'Loughlin, Pierce County Aids Foundation; Hannah Febach, Pierce County Aids Foundation; Shanda Tryon, Pacific Lutheran University; Kelsey Robinson, Children's Museum of Tacoma; Lee Warnecke, University of Puget Sound;Julie Broadbent, Tacoma Historical Society
- Chair: Michelle Paulus, Tacoma Art Museum
The South Sound Philanthropy Summit Committee is a joint project of AFP South Sound and the South
Sound Planned Giving Council formed to plan and execute the annual South Sound Philanthropy
Summit. The goal of the Summit is to bring together development,
allied professionals, and philanthropists for a day of education and networking.
- Meeting schedule: The committee typically meets the fourth Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. at Bellarmine Preparatory School in Tacoma.
- Members: Barbara Hammerman; Doug Page, Pacific Lutheran University; Emily Happy, Alchemy Skateboarding and Central Washington University; Barbara James, CHI Franciscan; Evelyn Ryberg, GTCF; Laura Edman, The Alford Group; Mary McNally, Johnson-Stone-Pagano; Tom Ryan, BNY/Mellon; Kaarin Praxel, Pacific Lutheran University.
- Co-chairs: TBD (AFP SS) and Todd Blodgett (SSPGC)