AFP South Sound Chapter Committees
AFP South Sound chapter is fortunate to have many engaged members who make our chapter great! The dedicated members of our chapter committees volunteer their time to assure that we are a success. Committee members have the opportunity to learn, contribute, and shape our chapter. Consider joining a committee that piques your interest by contacting the committee chair below.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The IDEA Committee works to expand inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA) in fundraising in the South Sound.
- Meeting schedule: Third Thursday every other month, 5:15 pm
- Members: Sue Loiland, Pacific Lutheran University; Lee Warnecke, University of Puget Sound
- Board Liaison: Dermont Smith, Campbell & Company
- Chair: Sherrana Kildun, Greater Tacoma Community Foundation
Marketing and Communications Committee
The Marketing and Communications Committee shares and promotes chapter opportunities to learn, network and grow; shares resources and information with our members; and increases the visibility of AFP South Sound in our region.
- Meeting schedule: Please contact chair for more details
- Members: Emily Happy, Writer & Fundraising Consultant; Elizabeth Hirschl, Elements of Education; Kaitlyn Porter, Pacific Lutheran University; Lianna Shepherd, Peace Community Center
- Chair: Andrea Michelbach, Pacific Lutheran University; Co-chair: Mary Brickle, Tacoma Art Museum
The Membership Committee aims to attract, engage and retain members to AFP South Sound. We do this by spreading the word about the impact of our chapter, asking people to participate, and offering opportunities to be involved.
- Meeting schedule: Third Friday of the month, 8 am
- Members: Laurel Carlyle, World Vision; Linda Hickman, PAVE; Bob Jones, Thurston County Veterans Services, UWT Student in Fundraising Management; Jennifer Wolbrecht, Pierce College
- Chair: Kate Albert Ward, Hilltop Artists
The Program Committee seeks to inspire and inform greater professionalism in fundraising practice by planning a diverse mix of educational programs that appeal to our members and friends. Our committee seeks CFRE-approved topics and presenters on par with those at national conferences. We coordinate with the other committees to promote our programs, minimize scheduling conflicts and ensure that AFP South Sound programming and events complement one another and meet ongoing needs for professional knowledge, networking and development. We’re also in charge of Chapter surveys and program production, which includes recruiting and hosting speakers, scheduling venues and equipment, and handling registration, catering and evaluations. We’re fond of saying “It takes a village to produce your
programs,” and it’s true!
- Meeting schedule: Contact the committee chair for details.
- Members: Jan Brazzell, Advancement Consulting; Mary Brickle, Tacoma Art Museum; Laura Edman, The Alford Group; Jennie Griek, Children's Museum of Tacoma; Jim Greenfield, Retired; Missy Zenczak, The Geneva Foundation
- Chair: Ruth Tollefson, Peace Community Center
Young Professionals Committee
The Young Professional committee seeks to provide opportunities for young development professionals in the South Sound region. We aim to grow the young professional membership category; organize events that share ideas and resources; and provide meaningful input to the AFPSS Board. Young Professional events are focused on peer exchanges through collaboration, networking, and community resource sharing.
- Meeting Schedule: Varies, but typically during the first week of the month, 8 am, Corina Bakery. Please contact chair for more details.
- Members: Mary Brickle, Tacoma Art Museum; Nicole Ferris, Pierce College; Sascha Golden, Tacoma Art Museum; Alicia Hinckley, Pacific Lutheran University; Brien O'Loughlin, PCAF; Kaitlyn Porter, Pacific Lutheran University; Lee Warnecke, University of Puget Sound; Missy Zenczak, The Geneva Foundation
- Chair: Linda Hickman, PAVE
The South Sound Philanthropy Summit Committee is a joint project of AFP South Sound (AFP SS) and the South Sound Planned Giving Council (SSPGC) formed to plan and execute the annual South Sound Philanthropy Summit. The goal of the Summit is to bring together development, allied professionals, and philanthropists for a day of education and networking.
- Meeting schedule: First Monday of each month; bimonthly Aug/Sept pre-event
- Members: Shelley Buck, Foundations of MultiCare; Laura Edman, The Alford Group; Al Hove, Fundraising Consultant; Barbara James, CHI Franciscan Foundation; Sue Loiland, Pacific Lutheran University; Rick Oldenburg, Oldenburg and Associations; Doug Page, Pacific Lutheran University; James Plourde, Campbell & Company; Evelyn Ryberg, Greater Tacoma Community Foundation
- Co-chairs: Emily Happy, Writer & Fundraising Consultant (AFP SS) and Todd Blodgett, Eisenhower Carlson (SSPGC)